Cash Transfer Officer
Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Work Place: West Guji zone, Bulle Hora Town
Deadline: Dec 6, 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and Helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and Life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Major key Responsibilities: The main objective of the Cash Officer position should efficiently implement cash based ES-NFI response, including:
- Assist the Cash Sr. Office and Emergency Manager in CTP post crisis start up planning
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in community delivery of cash based programs;
- Promptly identify and recommend solutions to cash based technical issues
- Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and liaison with field SC and finance team to undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
- Participate on the on job training of how the e-voucher system works, how to handle data, accurately use the e- devices (e-voucher reader, Smartphone with application, and e-voucher) including the hand over process with the vendors
- Participate in the process of identifying beneficiary communities/targeting based on robust and participatory criteria, assist other CTP staffs, if any
- Ensure appropriate community messages are transferred to clients, local government partners, vendors, non-clients and other key actors
- Ensure training/re-orientation of the vendor staff e- voucher system (how it works, synchronization, handling including safe keeping of e-devices) until hand over of the e-devices to IRC
- Minimum 2 years for 1st degree and 1 years for post graduate Degree in Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, Project Management or similar with relative experience of the position demand.
- Validated abilities on cash based program (specific abilities or skills required).
- INGO experience is a plus.
- Good communication and inter personal skill.
- Knowledge of Local language has advantage.
- Proficient in speak English, and Amharic.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skill in word, excel and Power Point.
- Interested to work in rural areas and under stress.
How to apply:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter through IRC career site.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 2 references from current and former supervisors.