The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia would like to invite qualified and interested candidates for the
Position: Secretariat to Sharia’h Advisory Committee
Required Educational Qualification and Work Experience:
Master’s Degree in Economics or Management or Accounting or other Business related Or Arabic Language literature field Or B.A Degree
in Economics or Management or Accounting or other business related Or Arabic Language literature field with 6/8 years of professional
experience of which 2 years as related work experience respectably.
Mandatory Requirements and Certificates:
• Having a knowledge of Business Law, International & Sharia’s Law & Skill of properly Speaking, Writing & Listening Arabic Language
Prepare agenda for the Shari’ah Advisory Committee (SAC), convene the meetings of the Committee, manage the session and report to the decision and recommendation of the SAC to the Bank’s department.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide members with the agenda of meetings along with the resources prior to stated date of the meeting;
• Prepare and follow up minutes of meetings for ratification by the Shari’ah Advisory Committee (SAC);
• Receive all questions, inquiries and correspondences from the Bank organs to be presented to the SAC;
• Supervise and follow-up of the tasks of Sharia’h Control and implementation plans;
• Set up and processes all the tasks that call for holding meetings of the SAC of the Bank as initiated by the relevant organs of the Bank and in consultation with preparatory team;
• Plays the intermediate role between the Sharia’h Advisory Committee and any organ of the Bank;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: As per the Bank’s salary scale.
Term of Employment: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Deadline: December 16, 2021
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through CBE career website
https://vacancy.cbe.com.et, and required to attach Degree document, curriculum vitae, work
experience, 8th grade certificate document and other necessary credentials within ten consecutive working days from the date of this announcement.
However, the bank has full right to cancel or take any other alternative in this regard.
➢ Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated for exam and interview.
➢ All documents should be scanned in pdf or docx formats only and the size of the documents should be less than 2MB. A detailed guide on how to apply is available on our Bank public website’s (www.combanketh.et) and telegram vacancy section.