ETHIOPIANS TODAY, ADDIS ABABA (FINFINNEE), ETHIOPIA:
4,545 total views, 1 views today
Branch Manager I Cooperative Bank of Oromia (S.C)
- Duty Station
Bahir Dar Area Relationship office
Sultan Alimirah Branch (Located at Afar Region, Logiya Town)
- Understanding the Banking Business: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the bank’s goals.
- Making Complex Decisions: Making good and timely decisions that keep the bank moving forward;
- Taking Initiatives: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm;
- Managing Execution: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done;
- Ensuring Accountability: Holding oneself and others accountable for meeting commitments;
- Driving Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Managing Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Influencing People: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the bank to achieve its objectives;
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals;
- Being Flexible and adaptable: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Core Competency
- Maintains a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adheres to codes of conduct and ethical principles;
- The ability to discover the needs of internal and external customers and strive to deliver services and products to meet these needs in a professional and courteous manner. This includes the willingness to give priority to customer needs and deliver high quality services within the available resources.
- Works effectively with and supports colleagues, fostering a positive and collaborative environment. It is about understanding the need to work together to create an environment of co-operation, trust, and mutual responsibility.
- Actively pursues technical and personal self-development on an ongoing basis; Takes advantage of learning opportunities and ongoing development (e.g., courses, observation of others, assignments, etc.)
- Giving high concern for optimal operations, making effective decisions (business) with a less possible cost, or efficiently
- Able to value communities’ values, norms and beliefs and act to discharge responsibilities to obey and serve the community in which the bank operates to earn public credibility.
- Functional Competency
- Knowledge of overall Banking Operations (Domestic, Foreign, Digital Banking, and Interest Free Banking);
- Banking Business and Industry Knowledge;
- Knowledge of Banking Directives, Regulations, and related Proclamations;
- Customer Relationship Management Skill
- Ability to advice and direct customersEducation and Experience
BA, Degree in Economics, Accounting, Management, and other Business-related fields and minimum of Six years relevant Banking experience.
Main Role and Responsibility
- Identify and develop new sources of business, to acquire and recruit new potential customers and develop strong relationships, to optimize the utilization of all products and services of the bank
- Retain existing customers by developing and maintaining fruitful relationship with the current customers
- Resolve customer issues i.e.: investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service.
- Ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Guide branch customer service initiatives as per the established service standards of the bank
- Engage branch staffs to reinforces customer relation and promotes the service culture
- Support branch staffs on developing, managing and growing customer relationships,
- Develop and enhance good relationships with community and other financial institutions.
- Prepare schedule for regular face-to-face meetings with the corporate customer of the branch for business discussion at the preference place of the customers,
- Ensure that all customers of the branch are well informed on bank’s product and services
- Refer opportunities to other business segment managers where appropriate
- Develop and monitor bank sales strategies to get area’s competitive advantage
- Provides innovative and productive inputs to enhance the efficiency of the branch and widen the scope of the business to increase revenues as well.
- Support and coordinates the marketing efforts of the branch
- Marketing branch within the community to attract business
- Represents the bank in social and official affairs
- Implement the designed strategy for the growth of quality services and customer recruitment
- Ensure all document related to credit and Trade Service are properly and timely forwarded to the respective organs
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio and ensure that long outstanding suspense accounts are cleared timely.
- Maintains and oversees all banking procedures and processes
- Ensure proper communication of policies, procedures, circulars and other business communications to staff of the branch,
- Approve branches expense as per the limit.
- Ensure effective and proper utilization of branch’s resources,
- Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal auditors and controller,
- Monitor, verify, rectify and update all accounting records.
- Ensure compliance and monitoring is in place in accordance with rules, regulations and standards,
- Prepare financial statements and operational reports for the district and head office.
- Checks and balances daily cash on hand against journal and cash book and ensures that subsidiary accounts balance with their respective general ledger positions.
- Keeps custody of revenue stamps, loan security documents, and loan contracts.
- Keeps dual control of petty cash and vault key as needed
- Documents and interprets complicated financial information for bank clients
- Oversees financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to branch finance
- Monitoring budgets and ensuring sales targets are met, engaging and motivating staff to achieve objectives.
- Ensuring that employees of the branch are comply to rule, regulations and other guidelines set by the bank
- day-to-day supervision and leadership by training, mentoring and guiding branch staff, to function effectively
- Identify, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system
- Record and Measures performance of staffs’ accountable to him/her daily,
- Advises on procedures and financial management as well as developing policies
- Forecasts and plans according to fiscal needs
- handle correspondences
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Salary and Benefits: As per the Bank’s salary scale and benefits scheme
- Terms of employment: Permanent after probationary period
- Registration Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Place of Registration: HCM located on Bole Road, on Dembel City Center 4th Floor (Kindly Uses lift No 6)
Only interested applicants who fulfill the required knowledge, skill, abilities and other attributes should submit their CVs in person along with required credentials. Proven proficiency in Amharic and English languages are desirable and having Knowledge Local Language (Afar Languages) is advantageous for Vacancy number Five Up to Eight.
Follow us on: