Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice.
Directorate: Political and Programme Strategy
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) & Research Officer – Combatting Modern Slavery in Ethiopia and Ghana
Location: Johannesburg, Nairobi, or London Duration: Fixed Term until 31st December 2023 Contracted Hours: 4-days per week
GS Pay Grade: C
ActionAid is implementing the three-year project ‘Combatting Modern Slavery in Ethiopia and Ghana’, funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad). The project aims to decrease the scale and prevalence of modern slavery in Ethiopia and Ghana through improved government legislation and business practices, as well as increased rights for survivors and/or those at risk of modern slavery. The MEL and Research Officer will support effective planning, implementation, learning and keep track of and report on project activities at country, regional and international levels. They will coordinate all MEL processes and manage the evaluation, analysis, and utilisation of data management for the project. In addition, they will support the International Project Manager in providing administrative and technical programme support, as well as engage with external stakeholders, consultants, and national project teams.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the development and implementation of tools and systems to capture and analyse data required to evidence project impact at output, outcome, and impact-levels and to support internal and external reporting.
- Organise and delivery annual, midline and endline reviews and evaluations that support quality delivery of the project, make recommendations for programme improvement, and test the key assumptions of the project’s theory of change.
- Support project progress toward targets, including the identification of any risks to activity-implementation and/or data-collection. They will work with the International Project Manager to ensure the timely and quality delivery of the project as per the Results Framework whilst upholding high standards of safeguarding and research ethics.
- Coordinate with, support, and provide technical assistance to ActionAid Ghana, ActionAid Ethiopia and ActionAid International to ensure high standards of MEL and Research in every aspect of the project.
- Ensure the approaches to and findings of studies and research are in line with Action Aid International’s Programme, Quality and Learning standards and guidance and that these are disseminated to raise the profile of the project and support the organisation.
- Degree in the field of Social Research, International Development and/or other relevant social science subjects.
- Experience in designing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems, Theory of Change, MEL tools and processes in an international development context.
- Experience planning and implementing baseline, midline endline and thematic studies as well as multi- country research.
- Demonstratable experience and knowledge in the collection, consolidation, and analysis of highly diverse data, including the use of both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience of working with international NGOs on donor-funded projects.
- Understanding of issues related to modern slavery and in particular human trafficking, unfair contracts,
- forced labour and the worst forms of child labour, including as they relate to research ethics and
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Desirable Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Experience or technical knowledge of modern slavery, including experience of research into issues related to migration, human trafficking, forced labour, child labour and unfair contracts.
- Ability to communicate in Kiswahili or any of the official or local languages of Ghana or Ethiopia is advantageous.
- Read the full job description for this role here.
If you think you have the skills, knowledge, and experience to make an immediate and positive contribution to our team then we would be interested in hearing from you. Please follow the link to apply for this position
- Job City Ethiopia, Ghana
Follow us on:
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/ethiopianstoday
TELEGRAM : https://t.me/ethiopianstoday
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/ethiopianstoday
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/ethiopianstoday1
PINTEREST : https://www.pinterest.com/ethiopianstoday/
Subscribe and Follow us via Email
If you have any comment regarding this article contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org