$50,000 Prize to WASH Projects | Open to Individuals or Organizations operating in the Not-for-profit Sector
Applications Open for RELX Environmental Challenge
Applications for the “RELX Environmental Challenge” is now open to individuals or organisations operating in the not-for-profit and for-profit sectors.
Each year the RELX Environmental Challenge is awarded to projects that best demonstrate how they can provide sustainable access to safe water or sanitation. The winners also receive free access for one year to ScienceDirect, the Scientific, Technical & Medical business’ database of full text, scientific information, including almost 250,000 articles since 2000 in Environmental Sciences. Projects must have clear practical applicability, address identified need and advance related issues such as health, education, or human rights.
- A minimum of two (2) prizes will be awarded (total estimated value of all prizes is at least US$75,000) as follows:
- a first prize in the amount of US$50,000 and
- a second prize in the amount of US$25,000, each to be used to launch, sustain or effectuate its respective winning proposal in accordance with the benchmarks in the judging criteria.
- Each winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or a Release of Liability/Publicity Release. Any portion of the prize unclaimed or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Prizes are not transferable.
- The Challenge is open only to applicants 21 years of age or over at their time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required. Applicants may participate as:
- teams of individuals, or
- individually or in teams on behalf of an organisation, i.e. an educational or not-for-profit institution or a corporation
- Submission of an application with a proposal on behalf of a group of individuals or an Organisation shall constitute a representation by the individual submitting the Application that he/she is authorised to represent the team to submit the Application and distribute any prize money.
- Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate families and household members) of RELX Group plc and its affiliates (collectively, with Sponsor, “RELX”) and their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter the Challenge.
- The Challenge is subject to applicable laws of an applicant’s jurisdiction. The Sponsor is not responsible for any other eligibility prohibitions, including, without limitation, any established by applicant’s employer; applicants are encouraged to seek information on any such restrictions prior to submission of an Application.
- The shortlist will be announced in or after June 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be given the opportunity to further develop their proposals and make presentations to the panel of judges. Winners will be announced in or after August 2023.
- Applications will be assessed against the Challenge criteria, which are as follows: They must advance access to safe and sustainable water supply where it is presently at risk and/or access to improved sanitation. They must set a benchmark for innovation and demonstrate:
- Replicability, scalability and sustainability
- Practical applicability
- Non-discrimination/equity of access
- Involvement of, and impacts on, a range of stakeholders
- Local/community-level engagement
- Applications will be reviewed against the Challenge criteria by the Challenge advisory group comprised of external water and sustainability specialists and/ or relevant internal colleagues. The advisory group will reduce the Applications to a shortlist of semi-finalists which will then be reviewed by an expert panel of external and internal judges.
For more information, visit RELX.
Follow us on:
Subscribe and Follow us via Email
If you have any comment regarding this article contact us at email@example.com