Procurement and Disbursement Officer (AfCDC)
Date: Jun 13, 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
Directorate/Department/Organ: Africa CDC
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location:Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia.
Officially launched in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, in 2017 as a specialized technical institution of the African Union, the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is Africa’s first continent-wide public health agency. Africa CDC envisions a safer, healthier, integrated, and stronger Africa, where the Member States can effectively respond to outbreaks of infectious diseases and other public health threats. The agency’s mission is to strengthen the capabilities of Africa’s public health institutions and systems to detect and respond quickly and effectively to disease outbreaks and other health burdens through an integrated network of continent-wide surveillance, laboratory, disease control and prevention, preparedness and response, and research programs. To achieve its mission, the Africa CDC works in all geographic regions of the African continent and has instituted technical divisions to focus on five priority areas, namely Surveillance and -Disease Intelligence, Laboratory Systems and Networks, Disease Control and Prevention, Preparedness and Response, and Public Health Institutes and research.
The Procurement officer is expected to deliver an improved Procurement service to Business Units at the Africa CDC. Thus, the Procurement Officer is required to effectively and efficiently support the procurement requirements of Africa CDC’s Business Units
Undertake all tasks related to procurement function of Africa CDC in line with AU procurement Rules and World Bank Regulation
• Initiate planned procurement activities as per the agreed schedule;
• Develop / Revise the Procurement Strategy Document for the World Bank project.
• Prepare solicitation documents for goods, works and services to be procured using appropriate methodologies. Carry out the procurement process, including pre-bidding conference, evaluation of bids, post-qualification and recommendation for award in line with African Union’s Procurement procedures and the World Bank procurement regulations.
• In case of International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procurements, prepare “Invitations for Bid (IFB)” in various websites including United Nations Development Business (UNDB)/dg Market as required;
• Prepare Invitation for Bids (IFB) and arrange for the publications of the SPNs in accordance with the procurement Manual
• Support the preparation and consolidation of the annual procurement plan of Africa CDC.
• Prepare procurement planning in World Bank steps system and monitor procurement activities for Africa CDC
• Attend the opening of bids at stipulated time and place. Records bids as read out;
• Whenever requested, assist the Evaluation Committee in the evaluation of bids and provide clarifications;
• Assist bid evaluation both preliminary, financial and post qualifications requirements and compile the evaluation report in accordance with the Procurement Manual and submit the evaluation report to the relevant authority for approval
• Prepare awards and contracts and notification for unsuccessful bidders
• Prepare contract agreement in accordance with the standard template
• follow-up and verifications of shipping and distribution documents, support in custom clearance and following up payments and disbursement to contractors;
• Creating purchase orders in SAP, creating service entry sheets, parking suppliers’ and consultants’ invoices in the Africa CDC’s ERP/SAP system;
• processing payment in SAP and follow-up payment in Finance,
• Creating and amending vendors in SAP
• Maintain procurement documents in proper filling system;
• Follow up with Office of Legal Counsel on all project contracts for vetting and approval, follow up on, and assist with the customs clearance processes for all project purchases.
• Support the proper functioning of the Africa CDC Project procurement and disbursement implementation in accordance with World Bank Procurement Regulations and Procedures and AU Financial Rules and Regulations;
• Recordkeeping of procurement documents for all operational procurement activities;
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Master’s degree in either of the following disciplines; Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or related fields with two (2) years’ experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Public Procurement, Administration,
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or related fields with at least five (5) years’ relevant work experience.
• Demonstrable experience in using SAP/Enterprise Resource Planning system and STEP System is highly desirable
• Experience in World Bank project procurement and contract implementation is highly desirable
• Computer literacy and competence, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point;
• Proven ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional, social and cultural backgrounds;
• Excellent analytical skills and report writing.
• Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including excellent word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
• Skill in electronic data processing systems and ERP such as SAP. Knowledge of Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) is an added advantage
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages is required (English, French, Arabic, Kiswahili, Portuguese or Spanish). Fluency in English and knowledge of any additional language is an added advantage.
Teamwork and Collaboration..
Accountability awareness and Compliance..
Learning Orientation ….
Communicating with Influence…
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Job Knowledge and information sharing..
Drive for result..
Continuous improvement focus..
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 85,212.07 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 66,751.81 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than July 13, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Requisition ID: 1878
Follow us on:
Subscribe and Follow us via Email
If you have any comment regarding this article contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org