DEVELOP NATIONAL YOUTH AND ADULT VOCATIONAL SKILLS MODULE IMPLEMENTATION GUIDELINE/ MANUAL 1
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 20/10/2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only Candidates who are entitled to work in Ethiopia may apply to this post
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Addis Ababa Liaison Office to the AU, UNECA and Representative to Ethiopia and direct supervision of the education section coordinator and EHW project officer, the incumbent is expected to support the implementation of Education for Health and Wellbeing (EHW) project activities in Ethiopia. Education for Health and Wellbeing equips learners with the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will empower them to realize their health and Wellbeing, now, and in the future. Evidence demonstrates that EHW has positive effects, including increasing young people’s knowledge and attitudes related to reproductive health and behaviors. It can also help to prevent HIV and unintended pregnancies, and contribute to reducing gender-based violence, among other issues. In line with this, UNESCO, in partnership with the David Lucile Packard Foundation, has been working on an EHW project with the aim to promote Sexual and Reproductive Health/SRH/ challenges and other health related issues of the young people in Ethiopia.
To this effect, UNESCO liaison office has been closely working with, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health on the implementation of Health Education and Gender Equality and Women Empowerment. As a result of the important collaboration created between Ministry of Education, UNESCO has been improving the cooperation to work in areas of Health Education and gender. Therefore, the smooth relationship that has been started with the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health will be sustained and scaled up with the concerned directorates to ensure the young people of Ethiopia have the health education they need to protect themselves and reach their full potential.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The National Project Officer is expected to perform the following duties:
1. Prepare the detailed project plan, budget, and quality performance documents as per the agreement with the donor.
2. Coordinate regional and national level meetings on EHW with stakeholders and partner institutions including overseeing budget allocation and providing support to effective implementation of project work plan with Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health.
3. Prepare workshops, meetings, trainings and discussions on key topics of the project with partners and develop proceedings /reports.
4. Facilitate the joint work on the project with the concerned UN agencies for coordinated efforts and better results.
5. Develop communication and advocacy materials to promote Health Education and share project outcomes, including through articles, and other materials.
6. Follow up for the reporting on progress of project activities and prepare concise and results-oriented project activity reports, and project updates regularly.
Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, preferably curriculum, Health Education, social sciences, gender, or a related field.
Extensive Professional knowledge in the area of Education and at least 2 years’ Professional experience in providing technical support, in coordination and managing similar projects like EHW, reproductive health education, and Gender.
- Excellent command or written and spoken English and local language of duty station.
- Strong communication skills, and proven experience in communication and reporting in English.
- Ability to work in team and ready to work with the focal persons in the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health and partners
Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written)
At least 2 years of professional experience within United Nations agencies
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Planning and Organizing
- Result Focus
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework
Fluency in at least one of the local languages.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Interested applicants should attached their motivation letter, UNESCO CV and Employment History Form on/or before 20 October 2023.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Follow us on:
Subscribe and Follow us via Email
If you have any comment regarding this article contact us at email@example.com