Principal Procurement Office – Cooperative Bank of Oromia (S.C)
- Duty Station
Head Office (Procurement & Facility Management)
- Personal Skills and General Competencies
- Procurement planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of procurement laws and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in demand and supply systems and best procurement practices.
- Knowledge and effective application of all procurement and relevant banking policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Ability to lead, influence, and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies within the department/unit.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to organize own workload and set priorities
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Education and Experience
BA Degree in Procurement and Supplies Chain Management or business-related fields plus a minimum of 8 years in the banking sector: with 2 years in senior procurement Officer.
Main Role and Responsibility
- Plan and monitor quality of work output, reviewing all procurements prior to execution for appropriateness, completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in developing and implementing purchasing policies and strategies, aimed at ensuring that the bank procures goods, works and services in the most cost-effective manner.
- Conduct sourcing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures to meet business needs and participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements that will deliver value for money procurement outcomes.
- Review and compile purchase requests with substantiated documents.
- Gather and review specifications and prepare bid documents and invite suppliers.
- Compile a summary of suppliers’ bid proposals.
- Organizes quotations and Performa invoices from suppliers
- Procure goods and services as per the procurement manual of the Bank. ,
- Facilitates technical evaluations, minutes preparation and purchase orders
- The jobholder ensures all the procurement activities are implemented according to the policies and procedures of the bank.
- Prepare reports, statistics and forecasts and carry on other assignments as required by the supervisor and review progress reports and status reports as required
- Salary and Benefits: As per the Bank’s salary scale and benefits scheme
- Terms of employment: Permanent after probationary period
- Registration Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Place of Registration: HCM located on Bole Road, on Dembel City Center 4th Floor (Kindly Uses lift No 6)
Only interested applicants who fulfill the required knowledge, skill, abilities and other attributes should submit their CVs in person along with required credentials. Proven proficiency in Afan Oromo, Amharic and English languages are desirable.
3,626 total views, 1 views today